Quick and Easy Sardines on Focaccia with Aioli: The Perfect Baby and Toddler Food Recipe for Busy Weeknights
Sardines on focaccia with aioli? Yes, please! This quick and easy recipe is packed with nutrients and flavour, and it’s lit for busy weeknights when you need to make something quick and easy. Your little one is bound to love it (suitable for babies 6 months+).
Sardines are a small, oily fish that are a great source of protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and other nutrients. They’re also a sustainable fish, so you can feel good about eating them and serving it to your little one.
In this recipe, our head chef Kewsi pan-fries the sardines until they’re golden brown and cooked through. He then spreads aioli on toasted focaccia bread and tops it with the sardines. The aioli adds a creamy, flavourful touch that perfectly complements the sardines.
This recipe is so quick and easy to make, you can have it on the table in just 20 minutes. It’s also a great food to introduce your babies to, as the soft texture of the sardines and the flavourful aioli are both appealing to babies’ taste buds and it’s a fun finger food for BLW.
So what are you waiting for? Try this recipe today and see why it’s our new fave!
- 1 sardine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 focaccia bread, halved
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add the sardines and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, toast the focaccia bread.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise and garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the aioli on the toasted focaccia bread.
- Top with the sardines and serve immediately.
- If you don’t have a skillet, you can also grill the sardines.
- To make the aioli ahead of time, simply whisk together the mayonnaise and garlic, then store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- This recipe is also delicious with grilled or roasted vegetables.