Get Your Omega-3s with This Quick and Easy Mackerel Recipe
Mackerel is a delicious and nutritious fish that is packed with omega-3 fatty acids. This recipe is a quick and easy way to enjoy mackerel, and it’s a great way to get your daily dose of healthy fats.
The mackerel is pan-fried until it’s golden brown and cooked through. The potatoes are sautéed in the same pan, along with thyme, garlic, spinach, tomatoes, and olives. This creates a flavourful and healthy side dish that pairs perfectly with the mackerel.
This recipe is so quick and easy to make, you can have it on the table in just 20 minutes!
- 1 mackerel fillet
- 100g cooked new potatoes, halved
- 10g spinach
- 10g tomatoes, diced
- 3g olives, pitted
- 1g oil
- 0.1g thyme
- 0.5g garlic, minced
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add the mackerel fillet and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove the mackerel from the pan and set aside.
- Add the potatoes to the pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until heated through.
- Add the thyme, garlic, spinach, tomatoes, and olives to the pan and sauté for 1-2 minutes, or until the spinach is wilted.
- Return the mackerel to the pan and heat through.
- Serve immediately.
- If you don’t have thyme, you can use any other herb that you like.
- You can also add other vegetables to this dish, such as carrots, zucchini, or bell peppers.
- This recipe is also delicious with a side of rice or quinoa.