4 Ingredient Banana & Berry Bars For Your Little One
When we say this recipe is easy we actually mean it! 4 ingredients, no complicated baking, just an easy, healthy snack for your little one’s to enjoy and maybe help along with the baking process.
Rolled oats: ………….1 cup
Blueberries: ………… a handful (you can easily swap this to whatever berries are in season!)
Melted butter: ……… 50g (or you can replace with some smooth nut butter)
Banana: ………………. 1.5 ripe bananas
To spice them up more, you can also add a touch of vanilla extract, some cinnamon or a handful of chopped nuts.
1. If using a blender, blend bananas until smooth, add blueberries and pulse to break down a little. Alternatively, you can simply mash the banana very well (the better it’s mashed, the better it can bind) and slightly chop the blueberries so it can distribute more evenly
2. Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix well
3. Line a small container with baking paper and place the mix inside
4. Press down, place another sheet of baking paper on top then another container on top (to press down and keep shape) but you can skip this step if you don’t mind your bars slightly uneven
5. Cook in the oven at 165C for 25-30 minutes
6. Remove, let them cool and place in the fridge overnight
7. Portion into 20g rectangle shapes and serve! You can always enjoy it straight away once it’s cooled down but it may not hold the shape as well
These can last in the fridge for 2-3 days.